Jon F. Pederson, O.D., FAAO
Originally from Littleton, Dr. Pederson graduated from Washington State University with a degree in Biology/Zoology. He graduated with honors from Pacific University College of Optometry in 2003. Dr. Pederson completed an additional year of residency training in the areas of Geriatrics and Hospital-Based Optometry at the Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center. He continued to work at the VA medical center as well as teaching courses in ocular disease and advanced clinical procedures at Pacific University College of Optometry until 2005.
Upon returning to the Denver area, Dr. Pederson was the Clinical Director at the Colorado Optometric Center in Five Points, a non-profit teaching clinic providing eye care to indigent patients throughout Denver. Dr. Pederson remains active within the public health sector, volunteering for the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless Stout Street Clinic since 2005, as well as serving as a consultant optometrist for the Fort Logan Mental Health Center. He has also led several international volunteer eye missions, including, Mexico, Moldova, and Ecuador.
Dr. Pederson is a member of the Colorado Optometric Glaucoma Society, Colorado Optometric Association, American Optometric Association, American Academy of Optometry, and American Board of Optometry.
Dr. Pederson currently lives in Denver with his wife Courtney and their two children Harper and Lincoln. He enjoys spending his free time with his family as well as traveling, running, golfing, and skiing.
- Colorado Optometric Association
- American Optometric Association
- American Academy of Optometry
- American Board of Optometry
- Colorado Optometric Glaucoma Society
- President, Colorado Optometric Association, 2017-2018
- Trustee, Colorado Optometric Association, 2010-2016
- Education Chair, Colorado Optometric Glaucoma Society, 2006-present
- Legislative Co-chair, Colorado Optometric Association, 2015-present
- Committee Member, State Government Relations Committee, American Optometric Association
- Colorado Optometrist of the Year, Colorado Optometric Association, 2015
- Colorado Young Optometrist of the Year, Colorado Optometric Association, 2012
- Keyperson of the Year, Colorado Optometric Association, 2010
- Fellow, American Academy of Optometry, 2014
- Diplomate, American Board of Optometry, 2013
- Residency in Geriatrics and Hospital-Based Optometry at the Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center, 2004
- Doctor of Optometry, Pacific University College of Optometry, 2003, With Distinction
- Bachelor of Science, Washington State University, 1998
- Extern supervisor for University of Alabama Birmingham College of Optometry and the University of St Louis at Missouri College of Optometry
Community Health and Volunteer Activity
- Volunteer doctor, Colorado Coalition for the Homeless, 2005-present
- Consultant doctor, Fort Logan Mental Health Center, 2006-present
- Volunteer doctor, Fundacion Yo Te Amo, Floron, Ecuador, 2011
- Volunteer doctor, Northwest Medical Teams, Chisinau, Moldova, 2005
- Volunteer doctor, Lion’ Club International, Veracruz, Mexico, 2004